|what you have to do||
- Write a critical abstract of not more than 750 words on the Alzheimer article (Rajendran et. at) that you read for Task 2A.
— You should write this critical abstract based on what you discussed with Dr Lee in week 5.
- You should work on this task together with your group-mates and mentors.
— Your group is expected to meet at least once, at most twice.
— Please remember to prepare before your meetings. Please send your mentors a draft of your ideas so that they can be better prepared to guide you.
- This task will contribute 10% to your final score.
- A critical abstract of not more than 750 words made up of:
- An abstract of no more than 200 words
- Critical comments of no more than 550 words
- Please indicate the length of writing (e.g. 750 words).
- Please format your documents in 12 point, Times Roman or Calibri with a line spacing of 1.5.
- Please submit a PDF document to LumiNUS folder Task 2B.
- Name the file
task2b_a1234556b.pdf, where ‘A123456B’ is your matriculation number.
Begins : 6 pm, Mon 7 Sep
Ends : 8 pm, Sun 20 Sep
You have approximately two weeks for this task. So, take it slow and focus on building your foundations.
|why are we doing this?||
- You will have to write your research at some point in your scientific journey. So this is a good place to start your training in scientific writing. You will also become familiar with the peculiarities and demands of scientific writing. Further, this task will not only help you learn-to-write but will also help you write-to-learn. You will realise you have developed a deeper understanding of the topic at the end of this exercise.
- Please come prepared for Meet the Mentors sessions.
- For example, jot down any points that you do not understand that can be discussed.
- Please remember that you are responsible for how well you use this opportunity to develop and strengthen your skills.
- Make sure you refer to the rubrics.
- Finally, please ask us if you have any queries.