|what you have to do||
- Write an abstract using 150 words (or less) explaining what is discussed in the following article:
Schwartz, M. A. (2008). The importance of stupidity in scientific research. Journal of Cell Science, 121(11), 1771. https://doi.org/10.1242/jcs.033340
- This task does not carry any marks.
A 150 words (or less) write-up.
– PDF format submitted to LumiNUS folder Task 1.- Rename the file
task1_a1234556b.pdf, where ‘A123456B’ is your matriculation number.
Since LumiNUS has not yet been opened to us, please submit your Task 1 write-up here.
Begins : 6 pm, Wed 12 Aug
Ends : 8 pm, Sun 16 Aug
|why are we doing this?||
- Familiarity We will use several tools (e.g. Turnitin) and workflows (e.g. using rubrics, receiving feedback, publishing your work) in this course. This is a simple warm-up exercise that will allow everyone (i.e. you and the graders) to warm-up and get used to how things will work.
- Writing practice: We are starting your writing practice with a simple albeit thought-provoking article.
- Make sure you use the rubrics to guide your writing.
- Please ask us if you have any queries.